Please note the following changes to our 2020 Events Programme:
- We have postponed Data Protection in the Workplace (which was due to take place on 17 March) we haven’t set a new date. All registered attendees were informed via email on 12 March.
- We have postponed How to respond to ‘subject access requests’ (which was due to take place on 31 March) we haven’t set a new date. All registered attendees were informed via email on 20 March.
- We have postponed the ODPA Conference 2020 (which was due to take place on 20 May) until Wed 7 October. We have an active waiting list for this paid event which you can join and we will email you once bookings are open.
- For all other events (see our Events page for details) we will make a judgement call on in the days leading up to them depending on States of Guernsey advice. All events are sold out with active waiting lists.
If you are registered to attend an event with us you will be emailed directly with any changes.
If you are on a waiting list for an event you will only be contacted if a space becomes available.
If you have any questions about our events programme please email email@example.com.
Our events programme should be considered in the context of section 61 of The Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 2017 which outlines our duty to raise public awareness of citizens’ rights and to promote awareness of controllers/processors’ legal duties.
Our events programme is a key aspect of our Communications Strategy, and we intend to use our events to effect positive cultural change by:
• being accessible to local organisations and citizens of all ages
• improving compliance by building awareness of topical issues in data protection
• encouraging innovation and excellence in data protection practices
• exploring official guidance with the regulated community
• gathering feedback from local industry and individuals